(415) 637 - 2242
- Successful entreprenuerial and product leadership experience, most recently bootstrapping a company to over 500k in annual revenue.
- 15+ years of full stack software experience, with aptitude for designing, building, testing and operating great software. Currently, responsible for production systems across three companies.
- Effective communicator across audiences, and in public, e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDmhgRt52Hc and http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=7243714
- Success oriented with ability to learn and perform new tasks at a high level, e.g. authored successful travel guide to San Francisco without previous/professional writing experience.
- Active listener with a fundamentally team oriented approach, and a knack for finding consensus.
- Sutro Media, Co-founder, January 2009 to Present
Publisher of independent travel guides for smartphones and tablets. The company has three people, and partners with over 500 experts around the world.
- Mobile publishing software for independent travel writers to share and profit from their expertise.
Co-founded Sutro in 2009 and grew it to over 400k in annual revenue without financing. Primary technical contributor and primarily responsible for initial product design, development and operations in addition to authoring Sutro's original product, the "San Francisco Exploration Guide", the top-ranked guide to San Francisco on the App Store (as of April 2013).
- Harvest Automation, Consulting Designer and Engineer, April 2012 to Present
Producer of robots for agriculture. The company has over 35 people and 13M in funding.
Custom analytics software for tracking and improving robot performance.
Originally focused on tracking robot reliability in a systemic manner, the project has grown to include performance optimization, customer and company reporting, and testing automation, among other things. I receive high level functionality direction and perform interface design, engineering, testing and operations.
Genentech Corporation, Consulting Product Manager, October 2004 to October 2005
Producer of pharmaceuticals with particular expertise in cancer therapies. The company was independent and had more than 6B in revenue during 2005.
Mobile app to track customers easily and effectively, and provide targeted marketing information for doctors and others within the pharmaceutical purchasing process.
Managed two people directly and was responsible for system specification, project/process planning, debugging and architectural decisions. The application was a large Palm application integrated with numerous data sources, requiring a unique combination of product management, project management and technical leadership from me.
- Oracle Corporation, Senior Software Engineer, June 2003 to October 2004
Producer of enterprise software. The company had more than 10B in revenue for 2004.
- Enterprise Content Management for the Oracle software ecosystem.
- Worked with a 30+ person team on publishing, versioning, locking, templating, searching, security functionality for seamless media management.
- netRequisite, Co-founder, January 1999 to July 2002
Software consultancy with particular expertise in high volume systems. The company peaked at 35 people and more than 2M in annual revenue.
Co-founded netRequisite and consulted for the following organizations ➔
- CNET Networks, December 2001 to July 2002
Technology publisher with 230M in revenue during 2002.
- Custom sales force application to improve acquisition and monetization of customers.
Built sales application to consolidate CNET's various sales channels, teams and customers with a team of seven people. Coordinated with business groups to resolve functionality and usability issues.
Brodia, July 2000 to December 2001
Financial services startup which raised approximately 70M in funding.
Financial services software for billing, payments and identity management.
Built and debugged Discover
Financial System's deskshop
application with a team of five people. Led seven person team to build an identity management system for automated & web service access to Brodia applications by 3rd party systems. Led four person team to provide API access to Brodia data and business logic, an expansion of our work with identity management.
- Providian Financial, January 2000 to July 2000
Credit card issuer with more than 5B in revenue during 2000.
Bank of America, January 1999 to January 2000
Credit card application for fast and easy access to credit.
Built Providian's original online credit card application with a team of five people.
Bank with more than 8B revenue in 1999, one year after merging with NationsBank.
Bank of America's first reliable website for account management and bill payment.
Built, tuned, & debugged Bank of America's
online banking application with a team of nine people. The application was recognized for excellence at the time, and is still in use.